Star Persona Feedback

Shivam: WWW- The use of props such as the guitar really brought the character to life. The second                                 character I felt was easier to interpret who they were .       
                 EBI-   I think you should have added the costume at the end with the person in the scene                               of the park as it was hard to tell what character you was creating. Also I think that                                 you should have used a different scene instead of the park.
Sukhveen: WWW- The makeup and props used perfectly created the character intended. The                                              lighting used set the scene and the camera work of zooming in and zooming out                                    created atmosphere and intensity.
                   EBI- I think that it would be even better if you slowed down the end of the video when                                  you film the final creation. Also, maybe use a larger variety of shots of your final                                  character.
Mariam: WWW- There was a clear transition between your ordinary self to the creation of your star                                persona. The use of props and costume such as the hat, suit and tie create a clear                                 character. Through the use of make up you were able to transform gender for your                               star persona which was a key part of the transformation.
                 EBI- I don't have one.

How did your star persona mood board planning help clarify and develop your ideas?
My mood board planning helped to clarify and develop ideas as it gave me a clear outlook on what I wanted to create for my star persona transformation. Different aspects from my mood board helped to form my final piece as I took ideas from different elements and sources from my mood board and put it all into one creation.

How could you improve your work for future ideas?
For future ideas I could improve my work by putting more thought into where I am filming the video, in order to set the scene and create a specific atmosphere relative to what I am filming. Also, I could think about using better lighting and use of shadows to create atmosphere, adding to a character's persona.

What were the aspects of mise en scene (CLAMPS) you used effectively in your video?
I think that the main aspects of mise en scene that I used effectively in my video was 'clothing', 'acting and actor', 'make-up and hair' and props. These were the main things I focused on when creating this star persona as they were the main things that built the character.

What aspect of mise en scene could you have improved or done differently?
I think that I could have improved the mise en scene by choosing a different setting to record such as a plain backdrop or scene more relevant to the character, especially at the end of the video for the final overall piece created.

What have you learned regarding the importance of mise en scene to character, narrative and star personas?
I have learnt that mise en scene is important for the successful creation of a character, narrative and star persona. This is because without it we would only be able to tell characters a part through their speech, through the use of mise en scene we can distinguish different characters through their appearance and the way they carry themselves. Aspects of mise en scene such as make up, props, costume is very important regarding character and star personas as these things contribute to a character's personality and show things about a person that would usually be communicated through words, for example whether a person is of higher or lower class.



Comments